Dr. Rakesh Kumar Sinha
A prominent consulting bariatric surgeon across the western suburbs of Mumbai, Dr. Rakesh Kumar Sinha has proved that advancement in surgery may not be limited to thedeveloped cities and medical capitals of the western world. Instead, he has gone ahead and brought these techniques and methods to back to Mumbai. In these days of rapid advancement in surgical technology, Dr. Sinhahas sustained his learning curve by frequently visiting hospitals and medical facilities in India, Europe, and the United States. Above all, he has ensured that modern techniques of surgery are brought to India in more ways than one, to an ever-broadening class of people and procedures.
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Sinha has spent twenty years in the service of medicine. He is a doctor committed not only to treatment of people but also to their care and holistic well-being. This commitment to his patients lives has taken Dr. Sinha to newer shores of surgical knowledge and scientific techinique.He has charted a path through advanced methods of surgery that were, till recently, beyond the reach of patients even in bigger Indian cities like Delhi and Mumbai.
Dr. Sinha graduated in 1983. He went on to complete his Masters in Surgery as a General & Laparoscopic Surgeon in 2000 from the Grant medical College, Byculla, Mumbai.Since then, he has continuously deepened his research in Laparoscopic surgery, becoming one of the leading laparoscopic surgeons in the country. A true beliver in medical democracy throughout his career, Dr. Sinhas endeavor has been to make laparoscopy equally accessible to everyone who needs it, from all walks of life.Dr. Sinhas specific research and treatment focus is on the advanced procedures of Laparoscopic surgery, namely Single incision laparoscopic surgery and robotic minimal invasive surgery. In developing his repertoire of techiniques and skills, he has undergone short-term training at Stanford University, California, USA. He has also undergone training with the fathers of modern surgery in Europe, such asMichael Bailey in London.
The specializations of this young, talented, and renowned doctor are not merely limited to core surgerical operations like gall bladder, appendix, hernia but also into applicative surgery. he is now one of the leading names in Bariatric Surgery and treatment of Morbid Obesity across the country. With his reach extending to all major cities in India, Dr. Sinha has shown that knowledge and its striving towards human well-being should have no limits.
- M.S. General Surgery From Nov1997 to Feb2001 from Grant Medical College & Sir J. J.Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai.Thesis: Laparoscopic Surgery by Laparolift Method.
- Diploma in Orthopaedics from April1996 to Nov1997 from PMCH Patna, Bihar.
- Junior Residency from Sept1993 to Oct1994 in the department of Orthopaedics for six months and in the department of ICCU for six months from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Internship from July1992 to July1993 from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- MBBS from Dec1986 to July1992 from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur, Bihar.
Presently attached to following hospitals as Consultant Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon:
38, Main Gulmohar Road,
J.V.P.D. Scheme, Andheri (W),
Near Telli Galli Masjid, Andheri (E),
Mumbai 400 069.
The Link Building, Opp. Star Bazar,
Link Ext. Road, Andheri (W),
BSES MG Hospital
Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital
Swami Vivekanand Road,
Vile Parle West, Mumbai,
Holy Spirit Hospital
Mahakali Caves Road,
Andheri East, Mumbai,
S. V. Road,,br>
Opp. Shoppers Stop,
- SINGLE PORT LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY COURSE from MATTU, University of surrey, Guildford, London in July 2010.
- Hands on training on Da Vinci robot (Intuitive Surgicals) at Sunny Vale, USA.
- Trained in advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery in USA (San Francisco) in May 2009.
- Live Operative Workshop on Laparoscopic Surgery At Tata Institute Of Social Sciences, Mumbai in December 2010.
- Participated in METASURGE 2009, International Conference on Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Undergone simulated Training Programme on proximate staplers organized by Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Mumbai in Jan 2002.
- Participated as delegate in Live Workshop conducted by Digestive Disease & Endoscopic Centre on Theraputic GI Endoscopy.
- Participated in Live & Satellite workshop & Consensus Symposium on Abdominal Hernia Organised Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons at Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre.
- Live ERCP-Laparoscopy workshop on Biliary- pancreatic diseases, TajMahal Hotel, Mumbai conducted by SGEI in June 2001.
- Simulated Training Program on Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery conducted by IAGES at Ethicon Institute Of Surgical Education in May 2004.
Laparoscopic Surgery Experience:
- Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Lap Roux en Y gastric bypass
- Lap minigastric bypass
- Lap Cholecystectomy
- Lap Hernia, TAPP, TEP, Incisional
- Lap Fundoplication for hiatal hernia
- Lap Acalasia Cardia
- Lap Rectopexy for rectal prolapse
- Lap Colectomy
- Lap Gastric Banding
- Lap Urology surgeries
- Lap Gynecology surgeries
- Lap Thoracoscopy Decortication
- Fellow Of International College Of Surgeons (FICS)
- Association Of Medical Consultants (AMC)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Andheri Medical Association
- M.S. General Surgery From Nov 1997 to Feb 2001 from Grant Medical College & Sir J. J.Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai 400008.Thesis: Laparoscopic Surgery by Laparolift Method.
- Diploma in Orthopaedics from April 1996 to Nov 1997 from PMCH Patna, Bihar.
- Junior Residency from Sept 1993 to Oct 1994 in the department of Orthopaedics for six months and in the department of ICCU for six months from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Internship from July 1992 to July 1993 from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- MBBS from Dec 1986 to July 1992 from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur, Bihar.