Every person will experiences pain differently & different pain medications will work better or best than others for different individuals for the gastric sleeve surgery.
Some sleeve procedures were outpatient & many require 1 or 2 days hospital stay for recover from the surgery. Some of the surgeons will suggest for 3 days while others are comfortable on letting patients to leave on the day after performing the surgery. Below are some of the general guidelines after discharging from the hospital.
- Makes sure that to drink plenty of water.
- Bowel movements will be difficult or painful. This was quite normal. Constipation was normal in the 1st week after the surgery. Pain medications may increase constipation.
- Walk as much as you can. This will helps in healing process & starts you on path to include daily exercises.
- Dont lift any heavy weights, because this can put undue pressure on your stitches & torso which will be sore.
- You will feel fatigued & very tired up to a month after the surgery. This is because to the reduced the calorie consumption, the body is adjusting.
- Dont bathe or sit in hot tub for first 3 weeks after the surgery.
- You can usually return to work in 2 - 4 weeks based on the physicality of the job.