Metabolic surgery is not a best option for everyone who was suffering with obesity. It will carry some risks which must be weighed against the potential benefits for each person, as well as additional advantages and disadvantages. Things to consider:
- Invasive medical procedures, like metabolic surgery, will have a number of risks which are associated with performance of the procedure itself, as well as the complications which will arise during or after the surgery. Surgery usually requires the recovery time away from the work.
- Surgical procedures are usually expensive & costs may not be covered in full or in part by the health insurers, medicare or medicaid, etc.
- Efficacy was not guaranteed, success of the procedure will differs from person to person.
- Surgical procedures are very rarely reversible.
- Metabolic surgery will have long-term undesirable effects that resulting from changes to the stomach & digestive system, ulcers, bowel obstruction or dumping syndrome.