Biliopancreatic diversion was most effective form of the bariatric surgery in achieving & maintaining the weight loss, because it will result in 73% of the excessive weight loss at 2 year follow-up after the surgery. BPD/DS method was a greatest weight loss in the obese individuals with most significant improvement in the obesity-related comorbidities.
Duodenal switch surgery (biliopancreatic diversion with the duodenal switch or DS) will make the stomach smaller, reroutes intestines & removes the gallbladder. As a result, patients:
- Feels less hungry
- Feel full soon after eating the food
- Absorbs less amount of calories from the food they eat
- Lose most of the excess weight from their body within one year
- Keep the weight off for long-term
- Health improvement will be very significant