A lifestyle modification includes diet & exercise will produce modest weight reduction & bariatric surgery is only evidence-based intervention with the sustainable results. Biliopancreatic diversion (BPD) produces most considerable weight loss with amelioration of various obesity-related comorbidities when compared with other bariatric surgeries. Most of the duodenal switch patients will lose much weight with in a short period of average 65% of excess weight within 12 months, & up to 90% of excessive body weight within 2 to 3 years.
Some type of modifications that you need to be follow after the surgery they are:
- Diet is the most important alteration that you need to follow immediately after undergone with the surgery. The doctor will prescribe a complete diet chart after the surgery.
- Due to the extent of malabsorption after the duodenal switch surgery, you need to take 10 - 15 pills per day for rest of the life. If you stop taking any of the prescribed vitamins, you will be likely to develop certain vitamin deficiency, due to the extent of the malabsorption after the duodenal switch surgery.
- Exercise is almost an important as the diet, when it comes to the long-term success:
- Patients who do exercises regularly will lose more weight over long-term
- Physical & mental health benefits were incredible