Gastric bypass is usually regarded as a gold standard surgery & results to achieve greater weight loss with the greater reliability. The long term results will be excessive body weight loss. Weight is likely fall for up to 10 years. Patients with diabetes mellitus require less medication & manage it lot better. Dyslipidemia, especially hypertriglyceridemia & elevated cholesterol/HDL cholesterol were also resolved much more reliably & impressively when compared with any other medication. Also it is found that about 60% or more patients were able to go off with medications for high blood pressure problems after the gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass procedure is also a relatively safest procedure even for the older patients & patients with known cardiovascular disease. The laparoscopic gastric bypass procedure shows good range of results with very short postoperative pain, short length of the hospital stay, quick return to work & other daily activities.
Patients who have undergone bariatric surgery effectively & successfully they will achieve considerable weight loss, improve the quality of life & also report about good health in general. The combination of these changes will have a incredible impact on the life expectancy of the severely obese patients. Some more advantages like:
- This procedure wont require parts of the stomach to be removed or need to be stapled with other bariatric procedures.
- The main advantage is it will produces a significant long-term weight loss (60 - 80 % of excessive weight loss)
- Restricts the amount of food that can be consumed
- May lead to conditions that increase energy expenditure
- It will also produces good changes in the gut hormones which will reduces the appetite & enhance satiety
- Typical maintenance of >50% excess weight loss